Instructional Design and Support
Instructional designers provide one-on-one consultations on a wide range of topics related to instruction and the meaningful integration of technology and media in the classroom. They work closely with faculty to tailor a technology solution that fits well with each faculty member's teaching methodology and subject matter.
Topics of Discussion
Mercy faculty collaborate with instructional designers on topics like the following:
- Developing interactive presentations and activities with SMART boards and iClickers
- Creating robust online courses and assessment tools with Blackboard and eportfolios
- Integrating multimedia into the classroom
- Promoting collaboration and peer review with Google Docs
- Developing online case studies
- Designing exciting virtual classes with tools like Wimba
Interested faculty should contact:
Anna Gedrich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawna BuShell at email@example.com
Elizabeth Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information or to schedule an appointment.