Thursday, September 17, 2015
Mavericks-WiFi is the open Wi-Fi network available at all Mercy College campuses and can be used by students, staff, and guests for internet access. In order to use Mavericks-WiFi, users will need to accept the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
If you are a Faculty & Staff member who has a Mercy College issued laptop or Surface tablet, the below steps are not necessary since your device will automatically connect to a secure wireless network.
To connect your device to Mavericks-WiFi and accept the AUP:
1. Click or tap Mavericks Wi-Fi from the list of available WiFi networks on your device
2. A splash page titled Mavericks–WiFi as shown in the picture below will pop-up.
3. Read the page and click/tap the Continue to the Internet button at the bottom of the page
4. If the page does not automatically pop-up on your device, open a web browser and navigate to any http webpage such as www.apple.com or www.bing.com and the splash page will open. Then, Click/tap Continue to the Internet per step #3 above.
5. Per College policy, after 24 hours have elapsed, you will be prompted to accept the AUP again.