School District Leadership
- 12 Credits
- School of Education
- Dobbs Ferry
School District Leadership Advanced Certificate Overview
The advanced certificate in School District Leadership is a pathway for former teachers and other eligible school personnel to elevate their careers as visionary school leaders.
Eligible applicants will have completed a master’s degree and at least 48 graduate credits.
Graduates are qualified to pursue a New York State Department of Education Certification as a School District Leader, which will allow them to work in a range of administrative and supervisory positions.
Students are prepared to pursue careers including:
- Assistant Superintendent
- District Supervisor
- District Administrator
- District Coordinator
The Mercy Advantage
- Strong relationships with elementary and secondary schools across New York City and Westchester
- Opportunities for internships to gain leadership experience and build your network
- National Accreditation - CAEP
Frequently Asked Questions
The School of Education offers a Master of Science in School Building Leadership.
Two years of teaching or working in a pupil-personnel position.
Please see below for frequently used links:
Program Details & Curriculum
Course Requirements for School District Administrator: 12 Credits
Total: 12 Credits
For a full curriculum listing visit our catalog.
Students must submit an Effective Educator Statement to complete their application. You can download requirements here.
Please submit the completed statement to your application portal.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid content knowledge base that enables them to deliver effective educational and professional services based on current research, theory and practice
- Employ multiple pedagogical and professional strategies and tools to enable them to be effective practitioners in educational settings and deliver services that promote students’ intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Understand the diverse cultural, linguistic, learning, and social strengths and needs of all populations, and incorporate and demonstrate sensitivity to the richness of diverse cultures when providing educational and other school services
- Employ technology to deliver information, instruction, and professional services to all members of the school community
- Reflect on professional practice to make educational decisions and enhance student learning
- Demonstrate positive dispositions that enable them to work as effective educators, citizens, and practitioners within the school and broader community
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2021 - 2022 School District Leadership, Advanced Certificate
- 2020 - 2021 School District Leadership, Advanced Certificate
- 2019 - 2020 School District Leadership, Advanced Certificate
- MeH SE 25E
- (914) 674-7485