- 30 Credits
- School of Education
- Dobbs Ferry
Educational Supervision Overview
Our Educational Supervision Master of Science allows former teachers and other eligible school personnel to elevate their careers. Graduates are qualified to pursue a School Building Certificate, which will allow them to work in a range of administrative and supervisory positions.
With a degree in Education Supervision students can work in a range of positions including:
- Assistant Principal
- Executive Director
- Staff Developer
- Curriculum Supervisor
The Mercy Advantage
- Strong relationships with elementary and secondary schools across New York City and Westchester
- Online course completion offers flexible scheduling
- National Accreditation - NCATE, CAEP and ILA
- Transcripts (Bachelor's required, Master's if completed)
- Initial or permanent certification in teaching and a Master's degree
- Two years of teaching experience
- Effective Educator Statement
Students must submit an Effective Educator Statement to complete their application. You can download requirements here.
Please submit the completed statement to your application portal.
Candidates in the degree programs must also meet with the chair or advisor to plan their courses prior to course registration and to establish a plan of study for degree completion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Yes! Many of our major courses are taught online. Please check our course catalog for a fill listing.
Students must also pass (or have passed) the Educating All Students Exam and both parts of the School Building Leadership Exam.
Yes. Some students may be eligible for the Educational Leadership Scholarship: $1,500 per term
Initial Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- For applicants to the Educational Administration program or the Educational Supervision program
- 3.00 GPA from Undergraduate or Graduate Coursework
To continue receiving the scholarship each term:
- Must register for at least 6 credits per term
- Must maintain a 3.50 GPA in the graduate program
- Must file a FAFSA each year
*Students will be automatically considered for this scholarship based on their GPA and do not need to apply separately for it.
Please see below for frequently used links:
Outside the Classroom
Two semesters of the School Building Internship lets students gain leadership experience and build relationships within our network of partner schools, across New York City and Westchester.
Program Details & Curriculum
Required Program Courses: 30 Credits
Total: 30 Credits
For a full curriculum listing visit our catalog.
Download a copy of the Sequence Map for:
- 2022-2023 M.S. Educational Supervision
- 2021-2022 M.S. Educational Supervision
- 2020-2021 M.S. Educational Supervision
- 2019 - 2020 M.S. Educational Supervision
- 2018 - 2019 M.S. Educational Supervision
- MeH SE 25E
- (914) 674-7485