Business Administration: Management Overview
In today's business climate, you must satisfy your customers completely, quickly, productively, effectively and efficiently. Our Bachelors Business Degree in Management will show you how modern-day business leaders and managers create "road maps" that allow them to navigate the intricate, challenging internal and external environments in order to achieve their goals.
Faculty includes pioneers and highly esteemed business professionals with years of experience both in the classroom and outside of it.
Management graduates may seek positions such as: business analyst, financial controller, marketing manager, financial analyst, director of operations, sales director and business development manager.
The Mercy Advantage
- Faculty with real world experience
- Active learning
- International trips to visit businesses around the globe
- Leadership institute that teaches communication, collaboration and commitment
- Work on real projects for real companies with the Consulting Center
- Residential campus only 30 minutes from Manhattan
- Manhattan Campus in Herald Square
At the end of this program, students should be able to:
Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment
Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business
Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making
Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment
Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders
Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in management
Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of a strategic management decision
Future Business Leaders Academy
This year's Future Business Leaders Academy was our most successful yet. The highly select group chosen to join us at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, NY learned about personal branding, matching their personalities to career paths, and visited some of the top global corporations in New York.
Frequently Asked Questions
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Program Details & Curriculum
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 125, 220, 221, and 230, MATH 116 and MATH/CISC 120 or MATH/CISC 131 are prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
Business Administration Core: 30 Credits
Specialization: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 12 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2022 - 2023 B.S. Business Administration: Management
- 2022 - 2023 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2021 - 2022 B.S. Business Administration: Management
- 2021 - 2022 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2020 - 2021 B.S. Business Administration: Management
- 2020 - 2021 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2019 - 2020 B.S. Business Administration: Management
- 2019 - 2020 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2018 - 2019 B.S. Business Administration: Management
- 2018 - 2019 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- VIC 100