New Student Orientation
Start your life as a Mercy Maverick the right way at New Student Orientation!
This is your time to make friends, explore campus, and set yourself up for a successful spring semester. Orientation is a huge milestone for all college students and now is your time to start your Mercy journey. Join us on Tuesday, January 23!
What to Expect
Resource fair to learn about college traditions, clubs, opportunities to work on campus, and variety of offices (including Accessibility, Health office, SFS, and more!)
Plenty of free food and swag!
- PACT and Financial Aid sessions to learn about these important services that assist Mercy students
- Session with Career Services
Tuesday, January 23
- Optional Meet & Greet with Orientation Leaders at 4:30 PM
- Check in for all sessions starts at 5:00 PM
- Sessions end at 8:00 PM
Things to do Before Your First Day at Mercy
Orientation is an essential part of beginning your college experience. You'll get helpful information about life at Mercy University, student organizations and clubs, resources to help you succeed as a Mav, and more. You can register for Spring New Student Orientation here.
Students must submit a high school transcript for their application to be reviewed. We will accept either an unofficial or official transcript. Students are able to upload these transcripts through their student portal.
An official final high school transcript (provided by the high school to Mercy University), which includes all secondary school grades, class rank and date of graduate must be submitted prior to enrollment.
Students whose transcripts are unavailable should consult with an admissions counselor. Or, the applicant can provide a High School Equivalency Diploma, if applicable, with corresponding score sheet.
- Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the TAP application (if New York State resident)
- If selected for verification, submit verification documents which may include: parent and student W2s, parent and student IRS tax transcripts, and independent or dependent verification worksheet
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling if you are accepting federal Stafford loans
- If eligible for the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program, submit an FWS application on Handshake
New York State Public Health Law, requires all students enrolled in six or more credits must be fully compliant with immunization requirements. For more information and to submit records, visit our Immunization Requirements page.