Student Support Services Project
The Student Support Services Project (SSSP) is a federally funded TRiO program sponsored by the US Department of Education. SSSP was established at Mercy College in 1980. We offer academic assistance to increase retention and graduation rates and to ensure success in higher education.
Services Provided by SSSP
SSSP provides the academic and support services at-risk students need to succeed in higher education.
Academic Advising - Assist each student in developing an academic plan designed for successful degree completion.
Academic Monitoring - Monitors student academic progress and facilitates additional resources a needed.
Academic Enrichment/Support - Assist each student in developing an Academic Success Plan and offer a variety of programs supporting the academic needs of students.
Financial Aid Assistance - Monitors financial need and provides direct and indirect financial assistance.
Career Exploration - Increase career awareness and guide students in exploring potential professions.
Cultural Enrichment - Engages students beyond the classroom by exposing them to unique educational and academic opportunities.
Personal Counseling - Encourages students to discuss personal issues that may impact their academic progress and works to resolve these issues.
To qualify for SSSP a student must meet at least one of the federal eligibility guidelines.
- Be a first generation college student
- Have low family income as determined by federal TRiO Program
- Have a documented learning disability
In addition students must be:
- Accepted and enrolled at Mercy College
- Placed in at least one English Development Course
- A United States citizen or permanent resident
- Motivated and committed to their education
SSSP students must meet the requirements stated in our contract, as well as some additional requirements.
- Actively participate in SSSP activities
- Regularly meet with their SSSP counselor
- Attend all COP/TRiO/SSSP general meetings
- Complete all registered classes each semester
- Promptly submit all documentation and forms pertaining to program eligibility and financial aid
Please contact us for further information and/or an application.
David Collins, Director
Khendra David, Administrative Assistant (Dobbs Ferry)